Are you or a loved one the victim of a serious dog bite or attack in Indianapolis? The damage caused by dog bites can be serious and can even cause death. Dog bites and maulings can cause permanent scarring, nerve damage, infections, and other physical damage. There is often psychological and emotional harm that stays with a person for an extended period of time. The experienced attorneys at Rob King & Associates, Trial Lawyers will advocate for you or your loved one who has been a victim of a serious dog bite or attack.
What To Do If you Are The Victim of a Serious Dog Bite
A dog’s tendency to bite depends on several factors such as heredity, training, socialization, health, and behavior. There are good and bad dogs within each breed, as well as responsible and irresponsible owners of each breed. If you have been bit by a dog in Indianapolis, there are several steps you should take which are:
- Immediately contact the police so that there is documentation of your bite;
- Seek medical treatment for any injuries or wounds;
- Obtain the dog owner’s name, address, and phone number;
- Obtain witness names, addresses and phone numbers;
- Photograph injuries sustained and the dog that attacked.
When you are a victim of a dog bite, mauling or attack in Indianapolis, it is important to contact an experienced attorney who will quickly gather important evidence and immediately launch an independent investigation into your case. Once important evidence is preserved, your attorney will fight on your behalf to ensure you receive the maximum compensation for your injuries.
How To Avoid a Dog Bite
While some dog bites are completely unavoidable, there are a certain measures you can take to avoid a dog bite in Indianapolis such as:
- Do not leave children alone and unattended in areas where there are dogs;
- Teach your children to be careful around dogs and to not approach unfamiliar dogs alone;
- Be mindful of the dog’s demeanor and stance before petting;
- Ask permission from the dog’s owner before petting any dog;
- Be aware of your surroundings and on the lookout for potentially dangerous situations.
What We Can Do For You
At Rob King & Associates, Trial Lawyers, we will help you present a claim for your dog bite or mauling injury in Indianapolis. We understand the seriousness of all dog bites and how they can impact lives. We will gather witness statements, take necessary photographs, obtain necessary video, obtain relevant medical records, and generally endeavor to preserve all other important information pertaining to your case. We will aggressively pursue a fair resolution to ensure you receive all of the compensation that you deserve.
Schedule A Free Consultation
Contact Rob King & Associates, Trial Lawyers to schedule a free consultation regarding your dog bite or mauling case. Our experienced attorneys can answer all of your questions and concerns. It is important to contact an aggressive, experienced attorney as soon as a dog bite occurs. Call us today at (317) 916-0000.