NURSING HOME FALLS
WAS THE FALL PREVENTABLE?
Some seniors suffer injuries in nursing homes despite the best efforts of staff to provide a safe and caring environment. In other cases, injuries are the direct result of a nursing home’s decision to maintain minimal staffing levels.
Here are some examples of negligent actions that can lead to serious injuries in falls:
- Over- or under medicating residents
- Failure to monitor patients following medical procedures or medication changes
- Improperly fitted walkers and wheelchairs
- Failure to assist a resident in the bathroom
- Failure to clean up spills
The consequences of a fall can be devastating for a senior. It can lead to broken bones, a loss of mobility, and a downward spiral in your loved one’s health.
If your loved one was injured in a fall, Rob King and his team can discuss the accident with you and the nursing home staff. If the evidence supports a personal injury claim against the nursing home, we will take the proper legal action on behalf of your loved one.